TEES - A New Horizon
Background: Transcanal endoscopic ear surgery has many advantages over conventional microscopic ear surgery and is used as adjunct to microscope or is used independently. Precise large visual field and angular vision has edge over the clumsy, expensive, peeping tubular vision of microscopes. Moreover, it is a better teaching methodology for the undergraduates and postgraduates. Our study comprised of twenty-five patients who had safe ear and underwent transcanal endoscopic ear surgery (TEES). Methods: This prospective study was carried out between October 2014 to December 2015 at Hayaat hospital, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India and Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Safedabad, Barabanki. Twenty-five patients of age group more than fifteen years were selected. All the patients selected had dry and safe type of chronic suppurative otitis media (CSOM). Results: Of the twenty five people ten were females and fifteen males in the ratio of 2:3. All the patients selected had dry ear and safe type of chronic suppurative otitis media (CSOM). All had conductive hearing loss of variable decibels but not greater than fifty-five decibels. Conclusions: Further research is needed in the field of operative TEES. We all need to discuss and more research work is needed to prove its genuinity and practicality.
2. Tarabichi M. Endoscopic middle ear surgery.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1999 Jan;108(1):39-46.
3. Migirov L, Shapira Y, Horowitz Z, Wolf M. Exclusive endoscopic ear surgery for acquired cholesteatoma: preliminary results. Otol Nuerotol 2011 Apr;32(3):433-6.
4. Pothier DD.Introducing endoscopic ear surgery into practice. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2013 Apr;46(2):245-55.
5. Kakehata, Watanabe T, Ito T, Kubota T, Furukawa T.Extension of indications for transcanal endoscopic ear surgery using an ultrasonic bone curette for cholesteatomas. Otol Nuerotol 2014 Jan;35(1):101-7.
6. Hamed Sajjadi.Endoscopic Middle Ear and Mastoid Surgery for Cholesteatoma Iran J Otorhinolaryngol. 2013 Spring; 25(71): 63-70.
7. Karchier E, Morawski K, Bartoszewicz R, Niemczyk K. Application of the endoscopy in the middle ear surgery. Otolaryngol 2012 May-Jun;66(3):191-5.
8. Ayache S1,Tramier B, Strunski V.Otoendoscopy in cholesteatoma surgery of the middle ear: what benefits can be expected? Otol . 2008 Dec;29(8):1085-90.
9. Kojima H, Komori M, Chikazawa S, Yaguchi Y, Yamamoto K, Chujo K, Moriyama H.Comparison between endoscopic and microscopic stapes surgery.Laryngoscope. 2014 Jan;124(1):266-71. doi: 10.1002/lary.24144. Epub 2013 May 13.
10. Hala Kanona, Jagdeep Singh Virk, and Anthony Owa.Endoscopic ear surgery: A case series and first United Kingdom experience.World J Clin Cases. 2015 Mar 16; 3(3): 310-317.
11. Elliott D. Kozin, M.D., Shawn Gulati, B.S., Ashton Lehmann, M.D., Aaron K. Remenschneider, M.D., MPH., Alyson Kaplan, B.A., Lukas D. Landegger, M.D., Michael S. Cohen, M.D., and Daniel J. Lee, M.D.Systematic Review of Endoscopic Middle Ear Surgery Outcomes.Laryngoscope. 2015 May; 125(5): 1205-1214.
12. Jaimin Patel, Ranjan G. Aiyer, Yogesh Gajjar, Rahul Gupta, Jayman Raval, Pokhraj P. Suthar. Endoscopic tympanoplasty vs microscopic tympanoplasty in tubotympanic csom: a comparative study of 44 cases. Int J Res Med Sci. 2015; 3(8): 1953-1957.
Copyright (c) 2017 International Archives of BioMedical and Clinical Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.