Investigating the Impact of Managers Leadership Styles on General Health of Personnel of Cheram City Health Network
Background: Managers' leadership styles have negative and positive impacts on affairs of governmental organizations and in this regard influences psychological variables, such as psychological variables influencing general health which are studied in this paper. So, the present study aims at investigating managers' leadership styles on general health of Cheram City Health network personnel.
Materials & Methods: This study is descriptive and of correlation type that the statistical population incudes all managers and personnel of Cheram City health network managers and personnel. The number of managers is 54 and personnel are 218 persons. For sampling, Morgan table was used that randomly 45 managers and 135 employees were selected as sample. The research instrument in this study is questionnaire of Salesman and Anderkolc (1982) managers' leadership styles and Goldberg & Hiller (1979) general health questionnaires. The statistical analysis was performed with SPSS software and statistical tests of multivariate variance and correlation factor.
Results: : findings showed that there is a significant and positive relation between leadership styles and personnel general health (p<0.05). There is a significant and negative relation between authoritative - exploitative leadership style and personnel general health (p<0.05). There is a significant and positive relation between authoritative - benevolent, participative and consultative style and personnel general health (p<0.05). Conclusion: Discussion and conclusion: managers' leadership styles impact personnel general health and the more flexibility the managers in the organization have, the personnel psychological indicators are more and the organization status becomes better.
2. Hersey P, Blanchard KH. Management of organizational behavior. Translated by Alagheh band Ali, Iran: Amirkabir Press; 2006: 73[Book in Persian.
3. McDaniel SH, Bogdewic SP, Holloway RL, Hepworth J. The Architecture of Alignment: Leadership and the Psychological Health of Faculty. Faculty Health in Academic Medicine 2009; 3(1): 55-71
4. Dadkhah B, Mohammadi MA, Mozaffari N. The mental health of medical students Ardabil, Journal of Science, Medical, 2006, Vol. the sixth, No. I, pp. 36-31
5. Arasteh M, Hadinia B, Sedaghat A,Charehjo N. The mental health status and related factors among medical and non-medical staff in hospitals in Sanandaj 2006, Scientific Journal of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Volume, Fall 2008, pp. 35-44
6. Soltanian AR, Bahraini F, Namazi S, Amiri M, Ghaedi H, Kohan GR. Mental health of high school students in Bushehr province and its effective factors in the academic year 2003-2004 South Medical Journal of Medical Sciences and Health Services Bushehr, seventh year, No. 2, pp. 182-173, March 2004
7. Simon D. Homicide: A Year on Killing Streets. Boston :Houghton, Mifflin ; 1991
8. Parslow RA, Jorm AF, Christensen H, et.al. The impace of employee level and work stress on mental health & GP services use: an analysis of a sample of Australian government employee. BMC Public Health. 2012;Sep, 304:(4).p:41
9. Arnold A, Turner N, Barling J, Kelloway EK, Mcee MC. Transformational leadership and psychological well-being: The mediating role of meaningful work. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 2007: 12(3): 193–203
10. Nourian, Kobra, Parvin, Neda, Mehrabi, Taiebeh, 2010, the relation of occupational stressful factors and general health of nursing personnel working in hospitals affiliated to Esfahan university of Medical Sciences, journal of Rafsanjan midwifery nursing and paramedic faculty, 5th year, No. 1, p 41-49
11. Peiman Pik, Faezeh, Mansourm Ladan, Sadeghi, Mansourehsadat, Taghipour, Ebrahim, 2012, the relation of occupational stress with matrimony satisfaction and mental health in nurses of Tehran city hospitals, occupational and organizational consulting journal, p 17-41
12. Landa, J. (2008). The relationship between emotional intelligence, occupationalstress and health in nurses, International Journal of Nursing Studies, 45, 6, 888-901
Copyright (c) 2018 International Archives of BioMedical and Clinical Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.