Psychosomatic Disorders Pertaining To Dental Practice
Psychosomatic symptoms are by definition clinical symptoms with no underlying organic pathology. Psychosomatic disorders represent impaired adaptation or deficiencies that limit the capacity to adapt successfully to the demands of everyday life. The symptoms are thought to be a response to stress. Appropriate health consultation should be considered for further evaluation and treatment.
2. Yoshikawa T, Toyofuku A. Psychopharmacology and oral psychosomatic disorders. Nihon Rinsho. 2012; 70: 122-125.
3. Suresh KV, Prashanth S, Laxmikanth C. Effect of Stress on Oral Mucosa. Biological and Biomedical Reports. 2011-2012; 1(1):13-16.
4. Zalli, A., O. Jovanova, W. J. G. Hoogendijk, H. Tiemeier, and L. A. Carvalho. Low-grade inflammation predicts persistence of depressive symptoms. Psychopharmacology. 2015; 1-10.
5. Gupta.D. Stomatopsychology: A newer subject bridging the gap between oral health and overall health. J Dent Oral DisordTher. 2014; 2(4): 1-2.
6. Gupta D, Sheikh S, Rashmi N.C, Aggarwal A, Bansal R. Assessment of the awareness of dental professionals regarding identification and management of dental patients with psychological problems in routine dental operatory: A survey. Oral Health Dent Manag. 2014 Jun; 13(2):435-40.
7. Uezato, Akihito, Akira Toyofuku, Yojiro Umezaki, Motoko Watanabe, Akira Toriihara, Makoto Tomita, Naoki Yamamoto, Akeo Kurumaji, and Toru Nishikawa. Oral Dysesthesia Rating Scale: a tool for assessing psychosomatic symptoms in oral regions. BMC psychiatry 2014; 14(1): 1696.
8. Bandelow, Borwin, Thomas Lichte, Sebastian Rudolf, Jörg Wiltink, and Manfred E. Beutel. The German guidelines for the treatment of anxiety disorders. European archives of psychiatry and clinical neuroscience (2014): 1-11.
9. James M., O’ Donnell, Drug therapy of Depression and Anxiety. In: Bruton L, Chabner B, Knollman B, eds. Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics.12 ed. McGraw- Hill Companies Inc, 2012: 397-415.
10. Fava GA, Sonino N. Psychosomatic medicine. Int J Clin Pract. 2010; 64:1155-61.
11. Kivelitz, L., Schulz, H., Melchior, H., & Watzke, B. Effectiveness of case management-based aftercare coordination by phone for patients with depressive and anxiety disorders: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC psychiatry. 2015; 1: 90.
12. Popovic, D., D. Duisin, and M. Latas. Somatoform Disorders-a New Target for Pregabalin. European Psychiatry. 2015; 30: 534.
13. Cleare, Anthony, C. M. Pariante, A. H. Young et al. Evidence-based guidelines for treating depressive disorders with antidepressants: A revision of the 2008. British Association for Psychopharmacology guidelines.
Journal of Psychopharmacology. 2015:29(5):459-525