Benefits of Mentoring: An Essential Program for all Educational Institutes
Mentoring is not a one-day affair but a lifelong procedure that has a noteworthy and eloquent role in shaping a young individual to a more independent adult. Mentoring also helps in career building and development of mentee. S/he is a person of higher rank who provides sustenance and supervision to the beginner. Usmani et al shows that this common relationship has a momentous influence on mentees personal and professional advancement.
2. Usmani A, Sultan ST, Omaeer Q. Ethical implications of mentoring medical students. AHRC-ETC-019-2011 in Ethics in action Korea. www.humanrights.asia. 2011
3. Rehana Rehman, Ambreen Usmani, Quratulain Omaeer, Hina Gul. “Mentorship” a stride towards maintenance of medical student’s well-being. J Pak Med Assoc(JPMA) 2014; 64(12):1352-1357
4. Ambreen Usmani, Quratulain Omaeer. Mentoring medical students facing diverse hitches. Under process
5. Frei E, Stamm M, Buddenberg-Fischer B. Mentoring programs for medical students-a review of the PubMed Literature. 2000-2008; BMC Med Educ. 2010; 30.10:32.
6. Meinel FG, Dimitriadis K, Borch P, Störmann S, Niedermaier S, Fischer MR. More mentoring needed? A cross-sectional study of mentoring programs for medical students in Germany. BMC Medical Education. 2011; 11: 68 - doi:10.1186/1472-6920-11-68.
7. Taylor CA, Taylor JC, Stoller JK. The Influence of Mentorship and Role Modeling on Developing Physician–Leaders: Views of Aspiring and Established Physician–Leaders. J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 24: 1130–4 - doi: 10.1007/s11606-009-1091-9.
8. Hayes TS, Hult H, Dahlgren LO. What does it mean to be a mentor in medical education? Medical Teacher. 2011; 33: e423–e428.
9. Rose GL, Rukstalis MR, Schuckit MA. Informal mentoring between faculty and medical students. Acad Med. 2005; 80: 344-8.
10. Raman RA, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Silen W, Reede JY. Mentoring in medicine: keys to satisfaction. Am J Med 2002; 112: 336–41.