Dentigerous Cyst – Its’ Prevalence and Presentation in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital
Background: Dentigerous cyst is although not uncommon but now is infrequently found in otolaryngological practice after the development of dental fraternity. Many times, they are encountered because of swelling in head neck area and facial disfigurement. NCCT and OPG play important role in its diagnosis. Removal can be both open or endoscopically. Methods: This prospective study was carried on n= 5 patients suspected of Dentigerous Cyst were included in our study on the basis of inclusion and exclusion criteria. Results: Here a series of five cases of Dentigerous cyst is presented with discussion regarding clinical and radiological features and treatment with a short review of literature. Conclusions: The Dentigerous cyst are usually encountered in ENT OPD and needs to be properly investigated. Advent of endoscopes and knowledge of anatomy of the area gives edge to the Otorhinolaryngologist over dentist in its management.
2. Kusukawa J, Iric K, Morimatsu M, Koyalagi S, Kameyama T. Dentigerous cyst associated with decidous tooth A case report . Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology 73,415-418, 1992 .
3. Mamta Agrawal, Pramod D. S. Raghavendra, Bhawana Singh, and Neha Agrawal. Multiple teeth in a single dentigerous cyst follicle: A perplexity. Ann Maxillofac Surg. 2011 Jul-Dec; 1(2): 187–189.
4. Daley T. D, Wysocki GP, Pringle GA. Relative incidence of odontogenic tomours and Oral and Jaw cyst in Caucasian population . Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology 77. 276-280, 1994.
5. Guruprasad Y, Chauhan DS, Kura U. Infected dentigerous cyst of maxillary sinus arising from an ectopic third molar. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2013 Aug 31;3(Suppl 1):7.
6. Shear M. Dentigerous cyst: cyst of the oral Region 3rd ed oxford. Butter worth heine mann1992-pp-75-98..
7. Bux P, Lisco V, Ectopic third molar associated with a dentigerous cyst in the subcondylar region. Report of case. J, Oral. Maxillo facial Surgery 52:630-632,1994.
8. S.K Das, A Bhowmick, S. Mukherjee, L.M Ghosh, S. Benaya. Giant Dentigerous Cyst. I.J.O and HNS July 1999, 51:66.
9. Majumdar S, Uppala D, Rao AK, Talasila S, Babu M. Dentigerous Cyst Associated with Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumour. J Clin Diagn Res. 2015 May;9(5):ZD01-4.
10. Rohilla M, Namdev R, Dutta S. Dentigerous cyst containing multiple impacted teeth: a rare case report. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2011 Jul-Sep;29(3):244-7.
11. NSM, Krishnamurthy B, JKS, Bhai P. Diagnostic CBCT in Dentigerous Cyst with Ectopic Third Molar in the Maxillary Sinus-A Case Report. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Jun;8(6):ZD07-9.
12. Yojana Sharma, Sandeep Kaushik, P.P. Singh. A case of large dentigerous cyst containing canine tooth in the maxillary antrum. I.J.O and HNS Vol. 55 No. 3 July September 2003. p 199-201.
13. Micozkadioglu SD, Erkan A N. Endoscopic removal of a maxillary dentigerous cyst. B-ENT. 2007;3(4):213-6.
14. Andisheh-Tadbir A, Fakharian M. HSP70 expression in dentigerous cyst, odontogenic keratocyst, and ameloblastoma Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015 Sep;19(3):287-91.
Copyright (c) 2016 International Archives of BioMedical and Clinical Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.