Epidermoid Cyst of The Tonsil: A Rare Finding
Epidermoid cysts are benign developmental cyst with a low incidence in the head and neck region of approximately 2%. The various locations where the cyst can arise are sublingual, submental, submandibular, buccal mucosa and very rarely the tonsils. Here we present an epidermoid cyst of left tonsil which was incidentally detected in a patient diagnosed of chronic tonsilitis.
2. Rajendran R. (2009). Develpomental disturbances of oral and para oral structures. Shafers textbook of oral pathology. 6th ed. Elsevier publication a division of Reed Elsevier India private limited Noida (UP), 67-9.
3. Som PM, Curtin HD. Head and Neck Imaging. 3 rd ed. Vol. 1. St. Louis: Mosby; 1996. p. 500-1.
4. Kini YK, Kharkar VR, Rudagi BM, Kalburge JV. (2013). An unusual occurrence of epidermoid cyst in the buccal mucosa: A case report with review of literature. J Maxillofac Oral Surg, 12, 90-93.
5. Shobha K, Kumar H, Raj D, Srinivasa K, Jayaganesh. (2014). Epidermoid Cyst in Tonsil- a rare presentation. Transworld Medical Journal, 2(1), 75-76.
6. Janarthanam J, Mahadevan S. (2012). Epidermoid cyst of submandibular region. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol, 16, 435-437.
7. Rozario Joyce Pascal; Appaji Mohan; Abhilash A.M. (2013). Epidermoid Cyst of Maxilla- Rare and interesting Case Report. Otolaryngology online journal, US, 3(4), 163 - 170.
8. Viswanatha B, Nayak LK, Karthik S. (2007). Cholesteatoma of the maxillary sinus. Ear Nose Throat J, 86(6), 351-353.
9. Paraskevi Tsirevelou, Mattheos Papamanthos, Paschalis Chlopsidis, Ifigenia Zourou, Charalampos Skoulakis. (2009). Epidermoid cyst of the floor of the mouth: two case reports. Cases Journal, 2, 9360. (doi:10.1186/1757-1626-2-9360.
10. Erol K, Erkan KM, Tolga D, Bengu C. (2013) . Epidermoid cyst localized in the palatine tonsil. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol, 17, 148.
11. Mainak Dutta, Jayanta Saha, Gautam Biswas, Sumit Chattopadhyay, Indranil Sen, Ramanuj Sinha. (2013). Epidermoid Cysts in Head and Neck: Our Experiences, with Review of Literature. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg , 65(1), 14-21.
Copyright (c) 2017 International Archives of BioMedical and Clinical Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.