An Update on Biomedical Literature Search for Budding Research Scholars
Literature search can be defined as systematic review of all scientific resources, both published and unpublished. Literature search is continuous process. It provides new ideas of research. It helps us to frame new research questions and to identify the knowledge gap. There are no straightforward rules for literature search. Each researcher has its own method of literature search. In this review article we shall discuss about various types and sources of literature, steps and techniques of literature search which will serve as a quick guide for budding research scholars.
2. Grewal A, Kataria H, Dhawan I. Literature search for research planning and identification of research problem. Indian J Anaesth. 2016;60(9):635-639.
3. Thakre SB, Thakre S SS, Thakre AD. Electronic biomedical literature search for budding researcher. J Clin Diagn Res. 2013 Sep;7(9):2033-7
4. Haase A, Follmann M, Skipka G, Kirchner H. Developing search strategies for clinical practice guidelines in SUM Search and Google Scholar and assessing their retrieval performance. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2007;7:28.
5. Giustini D, Basky E. A look ag Google Scholar, PubMed, and Scirus comparison and recommendations. JCHL/JABSC. 2005;26:85–89.
6. Jain NC. Open access ensures effective information retrieval of medical literature in e-databases. Indian journal of Community Medicine. 2013;38(1):1–3
7. DOAJ-Directory of Open Access Journals. Available from: http://www.doaj.org/. [Last accessed on 2013 April 25]]
8. Doyle DJ, Ruskin KJ. The internet and Medicine: Past present and future. Yale J Biol Med. 1999;69:429–37.
9. International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE): Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: writing and editing for biomedical publication. Haematologica. 2004 Mar;89(3):264.
10. Charbonneau DH. The Cochrane Library. J Med Libr Assoc. 2005;93(3):409-410.
12. Poojary SA, Bagadia JD. Reviewing literature for research: Doing it the right way. Indian J Sex Transm Dis AIDS. 2014;35(2):85-91.
Copyright (c) 2022 Ahmad Najmi, Farhan Ahmad Khan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.